The second-annual Spark!Fishers festival, ignited by First Internet Bank, is just a few weeks away, and the city is busy gearing up for the big celebration. Recently, hundreds of flags went on display around the Nickel Plate District, located in the heart of downtown Fishers, in anticipation of the Independence Day celebration.
Preview the Celebration
The day-long festival is on Saturday, June 29, but there’s plenty of family-friendly opportunities to preview the festivities over the next two weeks!
In honor of the upcoming celebration, businesses around the Nickel Plate District—the host district for Spark!Fishers—are offering special promotions and deals. Promotions are available all month-long at Greeks Pizzeria, Spavia Fishers, Salon Seven, and The Pint Cycle, and exclusively during Spark!Fishers weekend on June 28 and 29 at Gallery 116, Dottie Couture Boutique, Blue Peppermint, Peacock Family Chiropractic, Roman & Leo, Blush Salon Boutique, and Lily and Sparrow Boutique.
A week before Spark!Fishers on Saturday, June 22, the Inaugural Car & Bike Show will be hosted in conjunction with the Fishers Farmers’ Market at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater from 8 a.m. until noon. Stroll around the Nickel Plate District AMP and check out the vehicles, then stock up on fresh produce and prepared foods from more than 50 local vendors. Want to display your vehicle at the show? Registration is open on site at 8 a.m. and vintage, classic, and custom vehicles are welcome. Awards for the event include Judge’s Choice for Bike, Judge’s Choice for Car, People’s Choice for Bike, and People’s Choice for Car. This event is free, and no tickets are required to attend.
On Thursday, June 27, a free concert featuring the the United States Army Field Band—the Jazz Ambassadors—will be held at 7 p.m. in the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. Formed in 1969, this 19-member ensemble has received great acclaim at home and abroad performing America’s greatest original art form, jazz. The band’s diverse repertoire includes big band swing, bebop, Latin, contemporary jazz, standards, popular tunes, Dixieland, vocals, and patriotic selections, many of which are written or arranged by members of the Jazz Ambassadors. The Jazz Ambassadors’ rigorous touring schedule and reputation for excellence has earned it the title “America’s Big Band.”
The Spark!Fishers weekend kicks off on Friday, June 28 at 7 p.m. with a free concert featuring national recording artists Vertical Horizon and Tonic in the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. The concert is free, but tickets are required. Tickets are available through ticket stops and giveaways hosted by the City of Fishers and 107.9 The Mix. A limited number of tickets are also available at organizations and businesses around the community. Tickets are available first come, first served, while supplies last. Upcoming ticket stops include:
- Ale Emporium Fishers (11501 Geist Pavilion Dr., Fishers) on Thursday, June 13 from 7 – 8 p.m.; Friday, June 14 from 5 – 6 p.m.; and Saturday, June 15 from noon to 1 p.m. (hosted by 107.9 The Mix)
- Fishers Parks & Recreation office (11565 Brooks School Rd., Fishers), available weekdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm beginning June 13
- Humane Society for Hamilton County (1721 Pleasant St., Noblesville) available beginning June 13 during business hours
- Sun King Brewing, available beginning June 13 at the Fishers Tap Room (7848 E 96th St., Fishers) and beginning June 15 at the Carmel Distillery (351 Monon Trail, Carmel) and Indianapolis Brewery (135 N College Ave., Indianapolis) during business hours
- Fishers YMCA (9012 E 126th St.), available during “Freebie Friday” on June 14 from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. at the Member Services desk
- Four Day Ray Brewing (11671 Lantern Rd., Fishers), available Monday through Thursday beginning June 17
- MashCraft Fishers (11069 Allisonville Rd., Fishers), beginning week of June 17. Details at www.sparkfishers.com.
- Nickel Plate District Amphitheater (6 Municipal Drive., Fishers) on Friday, June 21 beginning at 7 a.m.
The festival continues Saturday, June 29 with an all-day celebration honoring our freedom and vibrant community. A list of vendors, parade participants, and the entertainment lineup is now available at sparkfishers.com.
New features this year include:
- An Accessibility/Sensory Check-in area at the Fishers Police Station, which invites individuals with specific sensory needs to get resources that will help to create a positive festival experience
- Veterans’ Hall, a tribute to our local heroes in the Fishers City Hall Auditorium
- Three entertainment stages featuring live performances throughout the day
- An artisan market during the Fishers Farmers’ Market from 8 a.m. until noon
- An extended street festival beginning in conjunction with the 5K Walk/Run at 8 a.m., and a second street festival on North Street opening Saturday afternoon and ushering the party into the evening
Parking & Road Restrictions
Guests are encouraged to park at Forum Conference Center or First Internet Bank on USA Parkway and take a free shuttle to the Municipal Complex. Parking is also available at Fishers Elementary on Lantern Road, or around downtown Fishers. Parking garages and surface lots around Municipal Drive will be not be available to Spark!Fishers guests, with the exception of the Police Department Garage, which will offer accessible parking. Road closures will be in effect on Saturday, June 29. Get the full lineup at sparkfishers.com.
Stay Up to Date on Spark!Fishers
Learn more about the festival at sparkfishers.com, and connect with Spark!Fishers on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for event news and updates. Be sure to download the Nickel Plate District app on the App Store or Google Play for your complete guide to the festivities.
Thank You To Our Spark!Fishers 2019 Sponsors:
Presenting Sponsor: First Internet Bank
NPD AMP Stage Sponsors
- KSM Consulting
- Ed Martin Toyota and Nissan
Stripes Stage Sponsors
- Stratosphere Quality
- Fishers District and The Mark at Fishers District
Stars Stage Sponsors
- Tevenbaugh Dental
- Clean Juice
- Community Health Network
Dining Tent: Mosquito Joe of Central Indiana
- A&F Engineering
- Duke Energy
- Gaylor Electric
- Gradison Design-Build & South Village of Nickel Plate
- The Hagerman Group
- Hamilton Trace & The Reserve at Hamilton Trace
- IU Health Saxony
Partners & In-Kind
- MacAllister Rentals
- Braden Business Systems
- The Art Press
- Brian Brosmer Photographic
- Fishers Arts Council
- Four Day Ray
- Indy Fresh Catering
- Meyer Najem
- The Current in Fishers
- Visit Hamilton County
Friends of Spark!Fishers: American Structurepoint