2022 Council Boundary Redistricting
Within two years following a decennial census, Indiana Code requires municipalities to review legislative districts, and potentially re-draw boundaries, so each district is substantially equal in population.
Redistricting determines which constituents are represented by respective Council members based on their residential addresses within the City of Fishers.
What do the existing council districts look like?
Current City Council districts can be found here.
What factors have to be considered when a city goes through a redistricting process?
Indiana Code section 36-5-2-4.1 establishes minimum criteria for the redistricting process including:
- The district must be composed of contiguous territory.
- The district must be reasonably compact.
- The district does not cross a census block boundary except in specified circumstances.
- The district must contact, as nearly as possible, an equal population.
What are the proposed new district boundaries?
What is the approval process for adopting the new district map?
A proposed new council district map will be presented at the September City Council meeting on September 19. The proposed district map can be reviewed here. Final reading and vote will occur on October 10 during the October City Council meeting.
How can I provide feedback?
Residents can provide feedback that will be presented to City Council members here.
Every four years, residents of Fishers elect a mayor, a nine-member city council, and a city clerk. The Mayor holds the executive powers for the city and the city council holds the legislative powers. The city clerk is the clerk of the council and maintains all records required by law.
Six councilors are elected to represent their districts and three are elected "at-large," which means all Fishers residents vote on those three councilors. The City Council elects a council president and vice-president each year.
- Todd Zimmerman - President, District At Large
- John Weingardt - Vice President, South Central District
- Cecilia Coble - District At Large
- Brad DeReamer - North East District
- David Giffel - South West District
- Crystal Neumann - North Central District
- Pete Peterson - South East District
- Selina Stoller - North West District
- Jocelyn Vare - District At Large
- Third Monday, rescheduled for holidays that fall on Mondays
- Work Session: 5:30 p.m.
- Regular Session: 7 p.m.
- Temporarily held at Launch Fishers' Huston Theater located at 12175 Visionary Way, Fishers, IN 46038 through early 2024.
City Council meetings are live-streamed for residents to tune in at home. Recorded videos are available 24 to 48 hours following the meeting on the City of Fishers’ YouTube channel. Questions can be directed to City Hall at 317-595-3111.
Residents can submit a comment for public meetings. All comments must be submitted by noon on the day of the meeting to make it into the record.