See the full Transportation chapter from the Fishers 2040 Plan.
Transportation Summary of Proposed Updates as of 4/1/2021
The following is a list of updates and revisions to the Fishers 2040 plan proposed during the 5-year update effort, based on the current draft document.
1. Priority Future Actions. The following actions for Transportation were identified during the update process by the transportation subcommittee and steering committee as priorities for future implementation.
Connecting across I-69 (Pedestrian and Vehicular)
- 2.2.6. Study the I-69 and E 116th Street INDOT interchange to see how robust pedestrian amenities can be added or modified, connecting the Nickel Plate District on the west to Fishers District on the east. (NEW)
- 2.2.7. Study and prioritize pedestrian connectivity on the east side of I-69 from 96th Street to E 121st and from I-69 to Cumberland. (NEW)
- 3.1.10. Study the I-69 corridor specifically from Exit 205 (E 116th Street) to Exit 210 (Southeastern Parkway) as it relates to pedestrian connectivity over I-69. (NEW)
- 3.2.4. Study the I-69 corridor specifically from Exit 205 (E 116th Street) to Exit 210 (Southeastern Parkway) as it related to vehicular connectivity both existing and proposed interchanges. (NEW)
Pedestrian and Bicycle Network
- 3.3.5.A Annually update bicycle and pedestrian map and promote the interactive map. (NEW)
- 7.1.1.A. Complete trail gap analyst. (NEW)
- 7.1.1.B. Prioritize trail gaps. (NEW)
- 7.1.1.C. Identify funding opportunities to start closing trail gaps. (NEW)
Connectivity across the White River
- 2.4.1. Study an additional vehicular connection across the White River at key locations with adjoining municipal and county stakeholders.
- 2.4.2. Study pedestrian connectivity across the White River at key locations with adjoining municipal and county stakeholders.
Support new mobility technology (EV Charging)
- 9.6.1. Create best practices for EV Charging for multi-family and commercial developments.
- 9.6.2. Update UDO to require EV Charging at commercial developments over a certain threshold and define minimum requirements for a EV charging facility.
- 9.6.3. Be a resource for existing multi-family and destination commercial developments (Fishers District, TopGolf, etc.) by facilitating and connecting national EV networkers to existing developments.
|37||Text Update - Goal refinement||Goal for Sustainable updated (see red text)|
|38-46||Text Updates – Actions||Action items were revised to indicate status, remove duplicates, and clarify intent.
Several new or revised actions have been added (listed above).
|49||Map – Thoroughfare Plan||Map revised to include future intersection improvements|
|54-55||Map and text updates – Traffic Counts||Map and table may be updated if data available|