Volunteer COVID-19 Vaccine Administrator
Want to be part of the COVID-19 solution? Vaccinations for our frontline workers are starting to arrive and we are looking for licensed/certified clinical volunteers to assist in getting our community members vaccinated.
The City of Fishers looking for a volunteer vaccine administrator to join the effort to vaccinate our community members against COVID.
This is a temporary, volunteer position responsible for vaccine administration and documentation. Positions are located within our clinics and/or at a high-volume COVID vaccine drive-through site and/or pop-up sites in Fishers, Indiana. This position is not eligible for benefits.
The Temporary COVID-19 Vaccination Administrators for the Fishers Health Department reports to the Testing and Vaccine Site Supervisor and the Public Health Director. The COVID-19 Vaccination Administrators provide vaccination and medical support to the COVID-19 Vaccination Site for the Fishers Health Department. Register to volunteer.
Examples of Duties
- Performs public health COVID-19 vaccinations for patients in accordance with State and local Health Department standing orders.
- Responsible for providing excellent customer service to clients including verifying correct client identification and demographic information, appropriate vaccination documentation as required, and patient education.
- Responsible for accurate data entry into the Indiana State Department of Health database as directed.
- Educates clients regarding COVID-19 virus risk reduction, specifically information on isolation, quarantine, mask wearing, hand hygiene, and social distancing, when applicable, and discusses vaccine information and answers questions.
- Responsible for practicing infection control measures including appropriate donning and doffing of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- May assist with drawing up vaccines and/or with reconstitution of vaccines.
- May assist with other medical tasks during post-vaccination observation or in the medical response area.
- Assists with inventory management of clinic supplies when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Applicants must have one of the following certifications and/or licenses to administer vaccines: Advanced EMT, Paramedic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physician Assistant (PA), or be a currently licensed Physician, Dentist, or Pharmacist;
- CPR Certification preferred.
- Strong abilities, experience, and confidence in providing vaccinations are preferred.
- Medical terminology knowledge required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as excellent customer service skills overall.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other job-related computer software;
- Excellent data entry skills necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of infection prevention and control and donning and doffing of personal protective equipment (PPE) required.
Thank you for considering gifting your volunteered time to Fishers Health Department.