Resources for Ages 60 & Older
The City’s goal is to manage precautions ahead of any confirmed cases and encourage the community to take personal responsibility and reduce the impact to populations who are at a higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
The CDC has identified older populations are at a higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness. See the Mayor’s letter to residents ages 60 and better.
- The City of Fishers encourages residents 60 and older to watch the local news stations for the latest updates happening in the state of Indiana and Fishers. Any new information coming from Fishers will be provided to these stations to report.
- The Fishers Coronavirus Hotline is available 24/7 for information and assistance: 317-595-3211. Beginning June 1, hotline hours will be Monday - Friday from 8:30 a..m. to 7 p.m.
Food & Groceries
- The City of Fishers recommends that all residents operate under self-quarantine, particularly those aged 60 and older. For free home grocery delivery, Meijer, Walmart, Kroger, and Sam’s Club are providing delivery to your home. Visit their websites for more information.
- Many restaurants remain open in Fishers for carryout and delivery. See a list and map of open restaurants here.
- The following retail stores have announced special hours for those 60+ to shop without crowds
- Target (opening 7 - 8 a.m. for 60+ shoppers)
- Dollar General (opening 8 - 9 a.m. for ages 60+ shoppers)
- Meijer (open 7 - 8 a.m. for senior shopping hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Walmart (beginning March 24, senior shopping hours will be offered from 6 - 7 a.m. on Tuesdays)
- Kroger (open Monday - Thursday from 7 - 8 a.m. for ages 60+ shoppers)
- Fresh Thyme (beginning March 24, special hours will be offered for seniors or those with chronic health issues on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday from 6 - 8 a.m.)
- Fresh Market (senior shopping hours from 8-9 a.m.)
- Walgreens (senior shopping hours from 8-9 a.m., plus free delivery)
- Trader Joes (senior shopping hours daily between 9-10 a.m. Crew Members will maintain an additional line outside the front door for senior customers to ensure that those customers have an expedited entrance to the store and to help make their experience a more positive one.)
- Costco (senior shopping hours from 8-9 a.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- Aldi (special hours for seniors and “vunerable shoppers” on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-9:30 a.m.)
- Sam’s Club is offering early shopping hours for shoppers 60+ and at-risk members on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7-9 a.m. The special shopping hours include our pharmacy and optical centers. Free Curbside Concierge Pickup Service is also available to seniors and at-risk members who need to shop during these special hours and do not feel comfortable coming inside the building.
- CVS offering free home delivery of prescriptions and everyday essentials
Delaware Township Trustee Debbie Driskell
9090 E. 131st Street
Fall Creek Township Trustee Doug Allman
11595 Brooks School Road
Indiana 211/United Way - Bill, Rent, Food Assistance
- Fishers Stormwater: Fishers Mayor Scott Fadness has placed a 60 day hold on all due dates for Fishers Stormwater bills. For questions, call 317-595-3211.
- Vectren, a CenterPoint Company: Suspending disconnects until April 1. Customers may call 1-800-227-1376 for assistance.
- Duke Energy: Suspending disconnects until further notice. More information can be found here.
- Citizens Energy Group: Suspending disconnects until April 15. Customers may call 317-924-3311 for assistance.
- National Council on Aging: COVID-19 Resources
- Indianapolis Bar Association: In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) has launched the “Virtual Ask a Lawyer” online legal advice chat service, where community members can chat in real time with an attorney who is prepared to assist with basic legal questions. To begin the chat, simply visit indybar.org/chat. All correspondence is confidential. The chat service will be manned from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). For individuals without access to the internet, phone-based assistance is also available by calling 317-269-2000.