Resources for Ages 60+
The City’s goal is to manage precautions ahead of any confirmed cases and encourage the community to take personal responsibility and reduce the impact to populations who are at a higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
The CDC has identified older populations are at a higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
- The City of Fishers encourages residents 60 and older to watch the local news stations for the latest updates happening in the state of Indiana and Fishers. Any new information coming from Fishers will be provided to these stations to report.
- The Fishers Coronavirus Hotline is available Monday - Friday from 8:30 a..m. to 7 p.m. for information and assistance.
Food & Groceries
- The Shepherd’s Center provides support for seniors and can be reached at 317-674-8777.
- Meals on Wheels Hamilton County is available to anyone who is physically or mentally unable to prepare a meal for themselves regardless of age or income. Recipients may request assistance themselves or be referred by their physician, a family member, church pastor, or hospital discharge personnel. Applications for home-delivered meals can be completed by calling Meals on Wheels at (317) 776-7159 or by completing a form here.
- Janus Hamilton County Express is offering free grocery and pharmacy delivery, and free rides to the grocery store. Please call 317-773-2688 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to schedule. Requests should be essential and critical needs only.
- Independent Adult Day Centers offers an alternative to care by providing virtual services while we continue to get through this COVID pandemic. Their virtual services provide an opportunity for socialization, cognitive and physical stimulation, connectedness, fellowship, and outlets to express ourselves creatively through music, and arts and crafts. They also provide nutritious home delivered meals made from scratch from their own gourmet kitchen, which accompanies virtual packets sent home to their Guests daily Monday-Friday. For more information please contact them at 317-296-8812.
Delaware Township Trustee Debbie Driskell
9090 E. 131st Street
Fall Creek Township Trustee Doug Allman
11595 Brooks School Road
Indiana 211/United Way - Bill, Rent, Food Assistance
- Fishers Stormwater: For questions, call 317-595-3211.
- Vectren, a CenterPoint Company: Customers may call 1-800-227-1376 for assistance.
- Duke Energy: More information can be found here.
- Citizens Energy Group: Customers may call 317-924-3311 for assistance.
- National Council on Aging: COVID-19 Resources
- Indianapolis Bar Association: In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) has launched the “Virtual Ask a Lawyer” online legal advice chat service, where community members can chat in real time with an attorney who is prepared to assist with basic legal questions. To begin the chat, simply visit indybar.org/chat. All correspondence is confidential. The chat service will be manned from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). For individuals without access to the internet, phone-based assistance is also available by calling 317-269-2000.
- Seniors Guide to Cancer from the Mesothelioma Center
- Independent Adult Day Centers is devoted to maximizing the quality of life for our Guests by providing medical and personalized care in a safe and home-like environment. Learn more about their services and view their brochure.