Resources for Ages 60+
The City’s goal is to manage precautions ahead of any confirmed cases and encourage the community to take personal responsibility and reduce the impact to populations who are at a higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
The CDC has identified older populations are at a higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
- The City of Fishers encourages residents 60 and older to watch the local news stations for the latest updates happening in the state of Indiana and Fishers. Any new information coming from Fishers will be provided to these stations to report.
- The Fishers Coronavirus Hotline is available Monday - Friday from 8:30 a..m. to 7 p.m. for information and assistance.
Food & Groceries
- For free home grocery delivery, Meijer, Walmart, Kroger, and Sam’s Club are providing delivery to your home. Visit their websites for more information.
- Food delivery from restaurants is available via Grace Church, Grubhub, Uber Eats, Door Dash, Toast TakeOut,
- Many restaurants are open in Fishers for carryout and delivery. See a list and map of open restaurants here.
- The Fishers Farmers’ Market offers special shopping times for those 65+, high-risk, or immunocompromised between 8 and 8:30 a.m. The market is held every Saturday at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. Online ordering with no-contact home delivery is also available. Learn more at .
- The following retail stores have special hours for those 60+ to shop without crowds:
- Target (open daily from 7 - 8 a.m. for 60+ shoppers)
- Dollar General (open daily from 8 - 9 a.m. for ages 60+ shoppers)
- Meijer (open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 - 8 a.m. for senior shoppers)
- Walmart (open 6 - 7 a.m. on Tuesdays for ages 60+ shoppers)
- Kroger (open on Monday - Thursday from 7 - 8 a.m. for ages 60+ shoppers)
- Fresh Thyme (open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Friday from 6 - 8 a.m. for seniors or those with chronic health issues)
- Fresh Market (open daily from 8 - 9 a.m. for senior shoppers)
- Walgreens (open daily 8 - 9 a.m. for senior shoppers, plus free delivery)
- Trader Joe’s (open daily between 9 - 10 a.m. for senior shopping)
- Costco (open on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8 - 9 a.m. for senior shopping)
- Aldi (open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. for senior and at risk shoppers)
- Sam’s Club (open on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7 - 9 a.m. for senior and at risk shoppers, includes pharmacy and optical centers). Free Curbside Concierge Pickup Service is also available to seniors and at-risk members who need to shop during these special hours and do not feel comfortable coming inside the building.
- CVS offering free home delivery of prescriptions and everyday essentials
- The Shepherd’s Center provides support for seniors and can be reached at 317-674-8777.
- Meals on Wheels Hamilton County is available to anyone who is physically or mentally unable to prepare a meal for themselves regardless of age or income. Recipients may request assistance themselves or be referred by their physician, a family member, church pastor, or hospital discharge personnel. Applications for home-delivered meals can be completed by calling Meals on Wheels at (317) 776-7159 or by completing a form here.
- Janus Hamilton County Express is offering free grocery and pharmacy delivery, and free rides to the grocery store. Please call 317-773-2688 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to schedule. Requests should be essential and critical needs only.
Delaware Township Trustee Debbie Driskell
9090 E. 131st Street
Fall Creek Township Trustee Doug Allman
11595 Brooks School Road
Indiana 211/United Way - Bill, Rent, Food Assistance
- Fishers Stormwater: For questions, call 317-595-3211.
- Vectren, a CenterPoint Company: Customers may call 1-800-227-1376 for assistance.
- Duke Energy: Suspending disconnects until further notice. More information can be found here.
- Citizens Energy Group: Customers may call 317-924-3311 for assistance.
- National Council on Aging: COVID-19 Resources
- Indianapolis Bar Association: In response to the COVID-19 public health emergency, the Indianapolis Bar Association (IndyBar) has launched the “Virtual Ask a Lawyer” online legal advice chat service, where community members can chat in real time with an attorney who is prepared to assist with basic legal questions. To begin the chat, simply visit indybar.org/chat. All correspondence is confidential. The chat service will be manned from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding holidays). For individuals without access to the internet, phone-based assistance is also available by calling 317-269-2000.