Mental Health Resources
Take Care Of Your Mental Health
While it’s important to take care of others, it’s critical that you are also taking care of yourself. Get outdoors and enjoy the fresh air—go for a hike, ride a bike, fly a kite, and unplug in nature. Find other activities that you can do while practicing social distancing.
If you or a loved one need mental health support, find resources below. If you have immediate concerns or are in danger, call 911.
Find a list of therapists in the Fishers area.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s national Disaster Distress Helpline by calling 1-800-985-5990 or texting TalkWithUs to 66746
- CDC Managing Stress & Anxiety
- NAMI Resources: COVID-19’s impact on mental health, and how we can reject stigma and build resilience during this time
- Change Direction
- Look Up Indiana: You can filter your search results to locate counselors, residential and inpatient providers, recovery residences, shelters, social service organizations, support groups, and more.
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: Has the coronavirus increased your thoughts of suicide? You’re not alone if you’re struggling with your mental health due to COVID-19.
- If you need support right now, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or reach the Crisis Text Line by texting “START” to 741741.
- Coping With Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
- Seven Things to do if Social Distancing is Triggering Your Depression
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health During an Infectious Disease Outbreak - Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation
- Excellent tips for taking care of your emotional wellbeing
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s “Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak"
- Resources from the Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Anxiety During this Outbreak
- Fishers Cares: A volunteer community effort supporting the City of Fishers Mental Health Initiative.You can connect with mental health support by meeting with a Care Giver to help you assess needs and next steps.
Online Counseling (Telemental Health)
- Talk Space
- Get an Assessment - Chat with a matching therapist to identify your therapy needs.
- Choose the Right Plan - Choose a payment plan that suits your budget. Plans start at $65/wk.
- Find Your Match - We’ll help you find the best therapist for you.
- Begin therapy - Start messaging your primary therapist anytime, anywhere.
- Answer a few questions about yourself and the challenges you’re currently facing.
- Create a private username and password to get access to the system
- Enter payment information. Plans start at $40/week and you can apply for financial aid.
- Based on your needs, we’ll match you with a qualified licensed professional counselor. If you are not satisfied, you can switch at any time.
- Begin the counseling process in any way that you want: text, phone or video.
Finding Treatment for Mental Illness and/or Substance Abuse Disorder
- Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addiction’s List of Local Treatment Providers
- National treatment locator
- Have Hope: Teen suicide prevention resources. Partnership between Community Health Network and WTHR-TV Channel 13.
- TEXT “IN” TO 741741 or CALL 800.273.8255
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies
- What to Do When Your Child on the Autism Spectrum’s Routine Is Disrupted by the Coronavirus
- National Association of School Psychologists
- NPR Comic
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- The Child Mind Institute
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress