View All Posts
Posted on October 28, 2016 at 1:13 PM by Blog Admin
Yesterday, just as the sun was rising, community leaders and local entrepreneurs gathered to celebrate the unveiling of a new art installation at The Edge parking garage.
The series of seven large banners was created by local artist, Rachel Johnson and is titled Pursuing Innovation.
The art is a celebration of the spirit of entrepreneurship in Fishers and features silhouettes of local entrepreneurs, including:
- First Internet Bank CEO, David Becker
- Executive Director of SPORTS, Lynda Carlino
- Hamilton Southeastern High School teacher, Kelsey Habig
- Rose-Hulman student & HSEHS grad, Cydney Ogan
- Launch Fishers co-founder, John Wechsler
- Emplify CEO, Santiago Jaramillo
The last banner in the series features the silhouettes of two children, representing future entrepreneurs.
The installation is visible from the bridge over I-69 and serves as a vibrant welcome to Fishers’ Nickel Plate District.
Tag(s): Vibrant City, Public Art, Nickel Plate District
before leaving your comment