View All Posts
Posted on December 12, 2014 at 5:13 PM by Blog Admin
Created in the fall of 2012 as the anchor of the Nickel Plate District in downtown Fishers, the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater has quickly become the gathering place for Fishers residents looking for fun.
The Nickel Plate District Amphitheater, or the AMP as we like to call it, offers free entertainment for all ages and interests. Over the course of the 2014 season, we hosted over 100,000 patrons who enjoyed live music, performance arts and community events.
Families favor the Tuesday Night Concert Series presented by IU Health Saxony. Local bands play music that everyone can sing and dance along to to while enjoying the sun and their picnic baskets. Children run free and adorn the sidewalks with their chalk masterpieces. Local vendors participate by setting up shop in food trucks and wine tents.
After the work week has wound down, couples and friends gather on Friday evenings for AMP After Dark to enjoy evenings under the stars accompanied by their favorite local acts. Favorites this year included local folk singer, Jennie DeVoe and local cover band The Woomblies.
Throughout the weekend, the AMP hosts concerts by Fishers Music Works and community events like Dog Day Afternoons and the local farmers market. This year, over 1,000 residents attended Beehive, the first musical production of the Nickel Plate Players, a local theater group.
Another big hit this season was Workout Wednesdays put on by Fishers YMCA.
By the numbers:
- Attendance during the Tuesday Night Concert Series presented by IU Health Saxony increased from 25,550 during the 2013 series to a record-setting 27,600 during the 2014 series.
- The debut of the Amp After Dark concert series with help from Chateau Thomas Winery, hosting over 1,500 residents.
- Sponsorship opportunities during the Tuesday Night Concert Series allowed eight Fishers businesses to engage with an estimated 4,600 residents per show.
- The second annual Blues Festival hosted over 1,500 residents offering them a unique opportunity to experience the sweet sounds of the blues while enjoying delicious BBQ.
- Boo Bash hosted over 6,000 residents during the second annual Halloween celebration.
- New events included: Try It Day (in the spring and fall) and Glow in the Park, hosting over 1,500 residents in total.
If you’re in the central Indiana area and haven’t yet made your way to the AMP, make plans to join us in 2015! We’re excited to bring back favorite events and even some new ones. Like us at Facebook.com/NPDAmp to be the first to know what’s happening in 2015.
Tag(s): Tuesday Night Concert Series, The Woomblies, Nickel Plate Players, Nickel Plate District Amphitheater, Nickel Plate District, Jennie DeVoe, Indiana, Fishers, Dog Day Afternoons, AMP After Dark
before leaving your comment