Part-Time Recreation Program Coordinator
Parks and Recreation Building, Fishers, Indiana
Wow! There is a lot happening with Fishers Parks and Recreation! From summer camps to art classes to Halloween's Boo Bash, the Parks and Recreation staff are busy throughout the year putting together hundreds of programs and events. More than just a support role, the Part-Time Recreation Program Coordinator plays an integral part on the team responsible for all that community fun. This position assists in the development of programming, coordinates camps and other seasonal programs, registers participants, supervises camp staff, and leads program participants. We are seeking a community-minded, creative, fun-loving, recreation and events professional to join our team!
Examples of Duties
- Plans, coordinates and leads recreation activities and special events.
- Oversees and administers summer camp program.
- Handles program registration, facility rentals and general inquiries via telephone and in person.
- Supervises seasonal program staff and volunteers.
- Assists the Recreation Manager in marketing, budgeting, sponsorships, program development, seasonal staff recruitment and training.
- Performs administrative duties, including monitoring program budgets, purchasing and equipment inventory.
High School Diploma; Bachelor's degree in Parks and Recreation or related field preferred; 2-4 years experience in program development or recreation management; Valid driver's license; Working knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe, etc.); Working knowledge of RecTrac software preferred; Strong customer service skills; Ability to communicate with a variety of people, verbally and in writing; Ability to work under sometimes stressful and/or difficult situations; Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.