The Shepherd’s Center of Hamilton County
- Spread the word: We want all of the seniors know that we are here to help them during this time of isolation. The Shepherd’s Center will help any senior in Hamilton County the best they can during this time. Share their Facebook page with seniors you know and please have them call us at 317-674-8777, ext. 5 for assistance.
- Senior food and prescription delivery: If you would like to complete the health screening and volunteer to drop off essential items at the door for a senior, please email Lisa to learn more and see if you qualify.
- Senior Phone Pal: Would you be interested in calling on a senior in our community to check in on them? You will have a set list of questions to discuss and be able to connect with them to help prevent isolation and ensure they have everything they need. If you are interested, please contact Nancy by email.
- Senior Well Wishes: If you and your kids would like to make well wishes, pictures, cards, and letters to bring cheer to local seniors, you can mail them directly to: SCHC, 347 S. 8th Street, Suite B, Noblesville, IN 46060. They will sanitize and mail them out to their seniors to brighten their day!
- Senior Supply Donations: Drop off food, personal care, and cleaning items. If you would like to drop off non-perishable food items, personal care items or cleaning supplies, please email Lisa for a list of items needed and where to drop them off.
- Donate: You can make a donation on their website or mail us a tax-deductible gift to: SCHC, 347 S. 8th St, Suite B, Noblesville, 46060 Please email Lauren for more info.
In response to COVID-19, government agencies recommend limiting social gatherings exceeding 10 people for non-essential activity. It is very important to understand, that the American Red Cross mission IS an essential service, like hospitals, grocers, pharmacies, energy and transportation infrastructure, that will remain in service as part of emergency preparedness plans. See the Blood Donation/Drive Fact Sheet for more info from the American Red Cross.
While blood donation appointments at Fishers Parks are currently full, the need is still great. Sign up to receive an email alert as additional blood donation appointments become available.
Versiti Blood Center is also accepting Blood Donation Appointments at their Fishers location. Sign up for an appointment.
Good Samaritan Network of Hamilton County
Good Samaritan Network (GSN) is a collaborative/network of non-profits in Hamilton County. The central hub of all Hamilton County Agencies and Pantries in Hamilton County Indiana; the Good Samaritan Network meets the rebuilding of our community during or after a disaster through the Hamilton County Emergency Management. They are also the COAD - Community Active in Disaster working through the disaster to get food to pantries in county.
GSN is handing out boxed food at different location in the near future, and helping rebuild our community though our programs of State Energy Assistance of Hamilton County - Duke and Vectren bills and propane and wood. In addition, they do many other support processes including clothing, food, furniture other supports for families.
They have 45 food pantry which are part of 260 agencies in Hamilton County and have year-round weekend large groups and have volunteer opportunities for all ages.
To volunteer, please email Nancy Chance.
- The Shepherd’s Center Senior Supply Donations: Donate non-perishable food items, personal care items, or cleaning supplies. Please contact Lauren Guynn by email.
- Community North Hospital: PPE (personal protective equipment) Donations
- St. Vincent’s Fishers Hospital: For PPE Donations, please call 317-415-9000
- Donate to local food pantries: Find a complete list of local food pantries.
- The Mustard Seed: The Mustard Seed is the only furniture bank in Central Indiana with the mission of helping those coming out of homelessness, either directly off the street, through care facilities, out of domestic abuse situations, incarceration, long term care facilities, or other situations. Because of the recent direction of the Governor, they are closing their doors for the next two weeks, which means no revenue or funds coming in. Donations can be made on their website.
- Meals on Wheels of Hamilton County: This organization is seeking assistance for the influx of new clients that need financial assistance to pay for home-delivered meals. Hot meals are $4.95/meal, cold supper meal $2.75/meal, and frozen meals for weekends or supplemental nutritional needs are $6/meal. Please visit their website for more information and to donate.
- Early Learning Alliance Network: The Early Learning Alliance Network supports over 350 preschools and childcare providers in Hamilton County. In Fishers alone, ELAN works with the care and early learning providers for over 11,000 children under the age of five. They are currently seeking donations of hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, gloves, and thermometer covers for preschools/childcare centers. In addition, they are seeking donations of diapers and wipes for local food pantries. To donate, please email Dr. Jody Britten.