Resources for Ages 60 & Older
The City’s goal is to manage precautions ahead of any confirmed cases and encourage the community to take personal responsibility and reduce the impact to populations who are at a higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness.
The CDC has identified older populations are at a higher risk of developing serious COVID-19 illness. See the Mayor’s letter to residents ages 60 and better.
- The City of Fishers encourages residents 60 and older to watch the local news stations for the latest updates happening in the state of Indiana and Fishers. Any new information coming from Fishers will be provided to these stations to report.
- Those with access to the internet can access the latest information at the City’s website.
- The Fishers Coronavirus Hotline is available 24/7 for information and assistance: 317-595-3211.
Food & Groceries
- The City of Fishers recommends that all residents operate under self-quarantine, particularly those aged 60 and older. For free home grocery delivery, Meijer, Walmart, Kroger, and Sam’s Club are providing delivery to your home. Visit their websites for more information.
- Many restaurants remain open in Fishers for carryout and delivery. See a list and map of open restaurants here.
- The following retail stores have announced special hours for those 60+ to shop without crowds
- Fresh Market (senior shopping hours from 8-9 a.m.)
- Walgreens (senior shopping hours from 8-9 a.m., plus free delivery)
- Trader Joes (senior shopping hours daily between 9-10 a.m. Crew Members will maintain an additional line outside the front door for senior customers to ensure that those customers have an expedited entrance to the store and to help make their experience a more positive one.)
- Costco (senior shopping hours from 8-9 a.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- Aldi (special hours for seniors and “vunerable shoppers” on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-9:30 a.m.)
- CVS offering free home delivery of prescriptions and everyday essentials
Delaware Township Trustee Debbie Driskell
9090 E. 131st Street
Fall Creek Township Trustee Doug Allman
11595 Brooks School Road
Indiana 211/United Way - Bill, Rent, Food Assistance
- Fishers Stormwater: Fishers Mayor Scott Fadness has placed a 60 day hold on all due dates for Fishers Stormwater bills. For questions, call 317-595-3211.
- Vectren, a CenterPoint Company: Suspending disconnects until April 1. Customers may call 1-800-227-1376 for assistance.
- Duke Energy: Suspending disconnects until further notice. More information can be found here: dukeenergyupdates.com.
- Citizens Energy Group: Suspending disconnects until April 15. Customers may call 317-924-3311 for assistance.